1. You should keep calm during your _______ test. Do not be nervous. (来源：专业英语学习网站 http://www.EnglishCN.com)
A. oral B.platform C.rude D.shield
2. Our guide gave us a detailed _______ of this painting but we still do not understand.
A. authority B.interpretation C.instruction D.institution
3. Our _______ is London. But the plane took us to Paris.
A. departure B.donkey C.destination D.discount
4. Generally speaking, there is always a generation _______ in every country.
A. gap B.break C.globe D.equality
5. Careful planning and hard work will _______ our final success.
A. enclose B.ensure C.discharge D.deny
6. He _______ to his roommate for being so rude yesterday.
A. worried B.doubted C.apologized D.dissolved
7. When you take a picture, you should _______ carefully to get a sharp picture.
A. focus B.object C.preserve D.fix
8. The Chinese food in the United States is usually _______ for American people.
A. exchanged B.altered C.modified D.cooked
9. There are _______ approaches to English teaching. But not all of them are equally efficient for our Chinese students.
A. double B.joint C.orginate D.diverse
10. He has a bad impression of his _______ in the office.
A. colleagues B.bullets C.barbers D.audience
11. His eyes _______ with rage but he did not dare to say anything.
A. flashed B.wicked C.voted D.protested
12. The list is arranged according to the _______ professions of the audience.
A. respective B.responsible C.resource D.resolution
13. This is our _______. So you can do what you need to do here.
A. substance B.schedule C.notice D.noun
14. That rich man has been dead for a long time but his ________ is still not known to the public.
A. sausage B.shelf C.portion D.will
15.I could have _______ such a situation but I didn’t.
A. forecast B.overcome C.shed D.urged
16.I prefer a _______ typewriter to an automatic one.
A. mechanic B.manual C.merchant D.mental
17.If you want to stop for a moment, just press the ‘_______’ button on your tape recorder.
A. toilet B.thumb C.violin D.pause
20.I have _______ three terrible English examinations this week.
A. observed B.operated C.undergone D.suffered
21.This is a purely _______ problem, not a political one.
A. additional B.advantage C.announce D.academic
22.The _______ TOEFL score for entering this program is 600.
A. less B.sandy C.stain D.minimum
23.The best example of a paradox is the proverb ‘More _______, less speed’.
A. haste B.range C.possession D.purse
24.This company provides a very good _______ service for its products.
A. maintenance B.merit C.philosophy D.pigeon
25.There is more _______ in meat than in vegetables.
A. dam B.protein C.cash D.bloody
26.Do not _______ in the exam. This will do you no good.
A. coin B.disaster C.cheat D.resort
27.Because of the boring _______, we need to take a vacation every year.
A. routine B.surgery C.rifle D.sake
28.We need to _______ the purpose of the experiment again.
A. clarify B.cheek C.claim D.clap
29.I _______ great success for my study in this university.
A. disgust B.proceed C.pioneer D.anticipate
30.From the _______ from this examination, we know it is too easy for the students.
A. feedback B.frost C.outline D.overlook
31.He drove very fast to _______ that red car.
A. scatter B.overtake C.site D.sponsor
32.Slides are sometimes called ________ film.
A. whistle B.vigorous C.robot D.transparent
33.Professor Smith _______the most important part in his paper.
A. omitted B.disputed C.designed D.chased
34.This knife is made of steel _______ and it can be used for a long time.
A. mixed B.alloy C.champion D.grasp
35.The theory of _______ was developed by Darwin and is now understood by nearly everybody in the world.
A. determination B.distribution C.discipline D.evolution
36.Mr. Green has recently been _______ to director of the president’s office.
A. pushed B.purchased C.promoted D.promised
37.We don’t think that his _______ ability has been well developed.
A. possible B.potential C.underneath D.vital
38.Our _______ talks promise a good future for our cooperation.
A. interior B.insurance C.initial D.invisible
39.The _______ can help people to see very small objects.
A. metropolitan B.microphone C.microscope D.microwave
40.Physically we feel comfortable. But _______, we suffer a lot.
A. psychologically B.moderately C.naturally D.precisely
41.Mary has a _______ view of our future. But nobody believes what she said.
A. portable B.primary C.possession D.positive
42.Nobody knows his _______ for helping us.
A. motive B.motion C.mood D.moral