A. When a sentence begins with an adverb negative in meaning: (来源：www.EnglishCN.com)
hardly, neither, nor, never, no, not, scarcely, seldom, nowhere, etc.(but not no one, nobody, etc. used as nouns)
1. He did not say a word in my favor.
Not a word did he say in my favor.
Not until Japan attacked Pearl Harbor and the 77th U.S. Congress declared
war against Japan did the U.S. and China become allies.
I could find him nowhere.
Nowhere could I find him.
(I could not find him anywhere.)
2. You must on no condition go alone.
On no condition must you go alone.
3. He did not imply she was lazy in any way.
In no way did he imply she was lazy.
4. She did not believe for an instant that he had lied.
Not for an instant did she believe that he had lied.
5. He had no sooner reached his home than it began to rain.
No sooner had he reached his home than it began to rain.
6. The chance to visit the school did not come till last week.
Not till last week did the chance come to visit the school.
7. I can agree in neither case.
In neither case can I agree.
8. He hardly had any money.
Hardly did he have any money.
9. He didn’t want to buy that expensive house.
Neither (nor) did his wife.
10. I (1) have(2) never(3) seen such a nice girl.
Never (3) have (2) I (1) seen such a nice girl.
B. When a sentence begins with an adverb “so”
1. Her English (1) is (2) so good (3) that all her classmates ask her for help.
So (3) good is (2) her English (1) that all her classmates ask her for help.
2. She (1) is (2) so understanding and tender (3) that everybody likes her.
So understanding and tender (3) is (2) she(1) that everybody likes her.
Compare: She is very understanding and tender,
so (连接副词) everybody likes her.
3. I can play the guitar. So can she.
4. I saw a movie yesterday. So did she.
5. She is an English teacher. So am I.
C. When a sentence begins with an adverb “only”
1. A student can make straight A’s only by studying hard.
Only by studying hard can a student make straight A’s.
2. You can buy clothes and shoes like that only in Paris.
Only in Paris can you buy clothes and shoes like that.