● 使某人处于吃亏的地位 put sb. at a disadvantage
● 他吃亏吃在太自私上。 It is to his disadvantage that he is too selfish.
● 吃力 entail strenuous effort; be a strain
● 吃力地前进 labor one's way with difficulty
● 吃力地爬山 labor up a hill
● 吃力地踏着雪走 labor through the snow
● 吃力地穿过草丛 wade through the weeds
● 吃力地穿过森林 work through the forest
● 吃力地干一件事 labor at a task; have a hard job doing a thing
● 吃力地啃一本书 toil through a book (来源：英语杂志 http://www.EnglishCN.com)
● 吃力地读完一份长报告 wade through a long report
● 吃力地把某物运上山 sweat sth. up the hill
● 毫不吃力地做某事 make light work of sth. [of doing sth.]
● 吃力不讨好 do a hard but thankless job; carry owls to Athens
● 工作吃力 feel the strain of work; find a job difficult
● 学习吃力 have difficulty with one's lessons
● 呼吸吃力 breathe with difficulty; labor for breath
● 说话吃力 speak with effort
● 谈话很吃力 labor under great difficulties in conversation
● 总干吃力不讨好的事 be a fool to oneself; be a fool for one's pains
● 真是件吃力的事 be a real strain
● 登山是很吃力的。 Climbing a mountain takes efforts.
● 车轮在沙里吃力地转动。 The wheels labored in the sand.
● 船在滚滚波涛中吃力地行驶。 The ship labored through the heavy seas.
● 这事吃力不讨好。 The effort, though with good intentions, does not work well.
● 他不会干这种吃力的活儿。 He will not take the sweat.
● 吃零食 take snacks between meals; nibble between meals
● 睡前吃零食 eat a snack before going to bed
● 他老在吃零食。 He is forever snacking.
● 吃奶 suck the breast
● 吃奶的婴儿 an infant at the breast
● 吃着奶的孩子 a child at suck
● 给婴儿吃奶 give suck to a baby
● 用尽吃奶的力气 strain every muscle
● 婴儿吃奶。 The baby took [sucked] the breast.